12 Jul Virtual Group Coaching Supervision Certification
Virtual Group Supervision Certification Program
Are you trained in coaching supervision and would like to enhance your group supervision skills? Or perhaps you want to learn more about group supervision with colleagues interested in the same topic? Or maybe you want to start a group and would like to have support along the way?
In this virtual certificate program, supervisors will have an opportunity to further develop their group supervision skills through theory, practice, and reflection. The program will be aligned to the EMCC Core Competencies for Coaching SuperVision.
Accredited Coaching Supervisors
Cohort 3: 8:00 – 10:30 am Pacific. January 17, 2023, 18 sessions every other week.
This program consists of 60 hours:
- Sixteen (18) sessions over 9 months consisting of 9 monthly group virtual classes of 2.5 hours each and 8 monthly group supervision practice sessions of 2 hours each.
- Your own supervision group outside of the class to practice skills learned in the program.
- Self-study (including readings) and postings on Basecamp.
This program aligns with the EMCC supervision competency model. Participants will also receive 10 ICF Core Competencies CCEUs for group supervision for re-credentialing purposes.
In order to complete the program, you must:
- Attend 75% of the sessions (13 classes of 18)
- Read the sections of the books assigned (4)
- Convene your own supervision group outside of the class
- Work with your own supervisor
- ** you will be asked to record one group supervision session to share with the class at the end of the program
** It is expected that you will participate in a private space where you are able to participate fully, without any distractions. You must attend 75% of the sessions in order to receive your certificate. (12 sessions live). If you miss a session, you will be asked to review the recording and write a brief report on what you learned.
Core Principles about Coaching Supervision
Coaching supervision is a reflective space for participants to partner with a trained supervisor in a safe environment to work on themselves for their own development as well as for the benefit of their clients. As a group supervisor, you have additional skills in group dynamics and partnering with multiple partners in the reflective space.
The objective of this program is to train supervisors to provide group supervision following the EMCC coaching supervision competency model.
By the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Understand and apply the EMCC coaching supervision core competency model in a group setting
- Effectively create and facilitate a reflective space for coaches in a group setting
- Apply the various supervision tools in a group setting
- Create a safe space in a group setting for coaches with strong emotions
- Effectively work with ethical dilemmas
- Provide creative options for supervising in groups
This program is very interactive and experiential, with an emphasis on application and reflective practice. Participants are expected to learn the theories, and apply the theories in their practice groups as well as their own supervision group outside of the classroom setting.
Lily Seto, PCC, ESIA, and Damian Goldvarg, MCC, ESIA
The program fee is $3,400.
Thorton, C. (2010) Group and Team Coaching. The Essential Guide. Routledge
Bachkirova, T, Jackson P., and Clutterbuck, D. (2011) Coaching and Mentoring Supervision– Chapter 15 – MC.Grow Hills.
Proctor, B. (2008) Group Supervision. Sage.
Carroll, M, Gilbert M, (2011) On Being a Supervisee. PsyOz.